Camp Harlow Lifeguard Position Description
Lifeguards assist in the daily activities and responsibilities of Camp Harlow Pool under the direct supervision and leadership of the head lifeguard.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Lifeguard Include:
- Constant surveillance of campers and patrons in, on and around the water while on shift
- Proficiently perform Professional Rescue Skills and maneuvers, CPR/AED, and First Aid as per training, ensure that maximum safety precautions are practiced to reinforce safety rules and regulations
- Top priority is helping keep campers and patrons safe and free from injury so that they can enjoy their aquatic activities
- Lifeguards must be at least 16 years of age
- Must have current certifications in Life-guarding, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid
- Life-guarding certifications must be from the America Red Cross, YMCA, Ellis & Associates, Royal Life-guarding, or comparable certifying organization
- Previous Lifeguard experience is desirable
- As a lifeguard at Camp Harlow, you will be involved with Life-guarding an outdoor pool with an 80 foot, open flume water slide and two diving boards
- There is also a waterfront canoe pond, and bumper boats
- This job requires rotating weekend shifts and may also require consecutive days of responsibility and work in changing weather and water
Check Back in Spring 2018 for a Lifeguard Application!